You have to be quick! We recently interviewed Tarek Chaalan, Security Engineer with Red Piranha, based in Sydney and dived into a discussion about Crystal Eye Version 2.0 and 2.5. Yet before we had time to produce, Red Piranha have just announced the release of Crystal Eye 3.0.
Despite the technical skip – get some deeper insight into the Cyrstal Eye functionality and into a key member of the development team. If you’re into Unified Threat Management and all that is offers, you’ll enjoy this podcast!\
Crystal Eye Updated Features:
- Crystal Eye 3.0 release planned first week of October!
- Content Filter App – New updates to Ad Blocking, enhanced to support Google and YouTube safe search.
- An option to apply custom branding in the Webgui and on block pages with partner logo is now functional.
- DHCP App – App Network Map now shows device list connected to Crystal Eye.
- Vulnerability Scanning App – User Interface enhancement and option to pause and resume scan added along with the addition of new section NVTs update. XML scan reports are now getting sent to vulnerability report server for availability in the Client Dashboard. Optimised memory usage.
- DCHP App, Multiwan App, SSL VPN App, QOS App – network interface names mapped to aliases on the user interface.
- Web Proxy Server – Backend Library has been upgraded.
- Intrusion Protection and Detection App – User Interface improvements to show rule updates
Recorded 9 August, 2019, Sydney.
Previous Episode 94 – Interview with Adam Bennett – Link here