Gain in-demand skills to protect data and information systems from hackers, with a Bachelor of Cyber Security at Victoria University.
Our cyber-security degree opens many career possibilities. You will study information technology, preparing you for a career in software development or the networking industry. Then you will focus on specialised units in cyber security – gaining the expertise needed to apply for specialised roles.
Learn essential skills in cyber-threat detection and risk management, including:
- cyber security technologies (such as digital signature, public key infrastructure, virtual private networks, firewalls, intrusion detection and data encryption)
- ethical hacking and digital forensic data collection
- vulnerability analysis and control
- enterprise security
- cyber security regulation, policies and laws
- software development
- network design.
You will graduate with an internationally recognised degree, giving you the opportunity to launch your career within or outside Australia.
To attain the award of Bachelor of Cyber Security students will be required to complete
- 288 credit points of core units.
FEES & SCHOLARSHIPS
Fee type definitions
The amount you pay for your course depends on whether you’re offered a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) or a full fee-paying place.
Students who enrol in a:
- Commonwealth supported place pay tuition fees that are partly subsidised by the Australian government
- full fee-paying place need to pay the full amount for all enrolled units before census each study period.
In addition to your tuition fees, you may also be charged a Student Services & Amenities Fee (SSAF).
Scholarships & assistance
Apply for a scholarship to help with your study costs.
We can help with fee assistance and advice.
Victoria University is committed to providing a transparent admissions process. Find out more about how to apply for our courses, and our commitment to admissions transparency.
Applicants for this course will need to have met the academic requirements and prerequisites for this course outlined below.
Meeting the minimum admission criteria does not guarantee entry into this course. Past academic performance may be considered.
The minimum criteria for admission varies depending on your education background. If you’re not sure which criteria applies to you, use the help tool on this page or make an enquiry and we can assist.